THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT GOVERNS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR CONTRACT WITH CHERY INDUSTRIAL, INC. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND CHERY INDUSTRIAL AND BY UTILIZING THE SERVICES OF CHERY INDUSTRIAL YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
1.This is an agreement between Chery Industrial Inc. and the Shipper for the transport of Shipper’s Freight(s). The name of the Carrier may, at its discretion, assess an additional fee if the freight information and/or pick-up and delivery information is incorrect or different from the original contract.
2.We are responsible for the transportation of your Freight only. Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pick up and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. We don't assign a driver to an order until 24 hours prior to pick up, so if you have any questions regarding your schedule, contact your agent or the dispatch department. Federal regulations prohibit Carrier from transporting personal belongings in addition to what on the BOL (Bill of Lading). Carrier cannot insure anything that is placed inside or attached to the package. The Department of Transportation may remove personal belongings from the Freight and impose a fine. Any fine imposed as a result of personal belongings left in the freight will be added to the Shipper's balance and must be paid at time of delivery. Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (2 to 24 hours voice notification to phone provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, freight will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees. Customers who still leave personal belongings in or attached will have an additional charge of $150- $300 to their overall cost. For all refunds there will be a $15 charge plus 3% of total charge (US funds).
3.Chery Industrial, INC. or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sandstorm, tornadoes, earthquakes or objects flying from the road or sky during transport).
4. If damage should occur, all money owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said freight/shipment in good conditions, and that Chery Industrial, INC and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check freight/shipment thoroughly.
5. If you place an order with us, you will need to provide a time frame of 7 business days, from the first available pick-up date, for Chery Industrial, INC to dispatch the freight on quotation. Cancel an order after signing the contract, you will be liable for a $200 penalty. Furthermore, if the shipment has already been booked with the carrier prior to cancellation via email or fax, the deposit will be forfeited. CHARGEBACKS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
6. We are responsible for booking the shipment of freight with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier. The receiver will be responsible for handling their own claims related to damage or lost cargo. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original bill of lading condition reports.
LTL Service: Rates for LTL Shipments are based on origin and destination zip codes, distance, commodity freight class per NMFC, net shipping weight (including all packing materials, crating and/or pallets) as a cost per pound, dimensions, nature of the freight, and volume of space required for transit as cost per cubic foot and/or length of truck.
7. Chery Industrial, INC. Will not be responsible for demurrage at any port facilities.
8. By submitting your order online, Chery Industrial, INC. understands that you are placing the order and accepts our terms and conditions found here. By giving your credit card information to one of our representatives to book your order with us, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
9. Customers must make their freight/shipment available during the transport time, if the shipment becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been placed and a carrier has been assigned, Chery Industrial, INC. holds the right to cancel the order with no refund of the deposit / reservation fee for $200. Neither Chery Industrial, INC. nor its agents shall be responsible for the following: }
10. Scheduling is an estimate; our drivers are only permitted to drive a maximum of 11 hrs. and or 500 miles daily based on national DOT standards. So, based on logistics our driver may pick up or deliver 2 days prior or after dates to discuss if un-foreseeing events occur (such as breakdowns, traffic delays, weather, illness, another shipper scheduling etc.)
Guaranteed Transit Time Services: Unless Guaranteed Service is specifically listed as a chargeable accessorial service, delivery times are estimates only. When Guaranteed Service is included as an accessorial service, it is inclusive of transit times only as noted by the Carrier selected. Guaranteed
Service transit times do not include holiday and/or no-service days as defined by the individual Carrier. This service is not a guarantee for a particular pick-up time. Pick-up Day is not included in the qualification and calculation of transit time. Delays caused by an Act of God, war, weather or delays due to State or Federal intervention negate the Guaranteed Transit Time service. Carrier liability for Guaranteed Transit Time shall, at no time, exceed the additional accessorial charge as noted on the invoice. In no case shall Customer hold the Carrier or Chery Industrial liable for losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, economic damages, expense, or special, consequential or incidental damages Customer may have experienced as a consequence of transit times greater than expected. In the event of Carrier’s failure to comply with the Guaranteed Service requested, Customer is permitted 10 business days from the date of invoice to file a claim request in writing with the Carrier in care of Chery Industrial. If Chery Industrial does not receive a claim request or receives the request after the allowable 10 business days, the service provided by the Carrier will be deemed to have met all Guaranteed Service standards and the claim request will automatically be considered invalid and denied. In the event a Carrier fails to provide the Guaranteed Transit Time service as arranged, Chery Industrial will credit the account of said Customer within 48 hours after Carrier has acknowledged liability. In no event shall Chery Industrial be liable for failure to meet the Guarantee, nor will any account be credited if Customer does not use Chery Industrial’s Bill of Lading.
11. Because Chery Industrial is not a common carrier or a carrier of any kind, it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse any shipment at any time.
A legitimate address must be given for shipping to be tendered. Coordinates or road approximations will be declined before the order is processed. If your address is new and does not exist yet, please coordinate delivery to a known address in order for our carrier partners to deliver your item(s) successfully.
Chery Industrial INC reserves the right to adjust or edit the terms listed above in order to comply with any new regulations or policies garnered by Chery Industrial, the DOT, local governments, carrier partners, etc.